netBoot problem

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

astharoth76

Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:29 pm

Good day!

I'm evaluating the diskless fat-client approach with netBoot and Starwind iSCSI target and have a problem loading the OS.

I've installed the target and the netboot client and server. Copied the system to the target successfully, then try to boot from network. Windows starts to load and at some point stalls.
Can you divine what may be wrong?
Should i provide any other information you might need, or probably that i should direct this question to emBoot, as i hardly understand whose problem it is.

Thank You in advance,
Yury.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:54 pm

Initially you need to contact emBoot guys as it's their software running on the client and not ours. You may however 1) study netBoot configuration manual and 2) send us StarWind logs. So we could find out is it's our or emBoot issue (much more possible).
astharoth76 wrote:Good day!

I'm evaluating the diskless fat-client approach with netBoot and Starwind iSCSI target and have a problem loading the OS.

I've installed the target and the netboot client and server. Copied the system to the target successfully, then try to boot from network. Windows starts to load and at some point stalls.
Can you divine what may be wrong?
Should i provide any other information you might need, or probably that i should direct this question to emBoot, as i hardly understand whose problem it is.

Thank You in advance,
Yury.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software