Proxmox & Startlvm : error on canceling an import from Vmware

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version
Post Reply
B38
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2026 7:36 am

Thu Oct 01, 2026 2:44 pm

Hello,

// maybe the same root cause to : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7487 "
But I prefer create a new topic

I'm using
PVE : 9.2.20
Starlvm starwind-proxmox-plugin-pve9 : 1.1.41
NAS : Synology

I tried to import a VM from an ESXi, this VM is configured with 3 HDD
When I canceled the import task, HDD 0 & 1 where imported, import of HDD 2 was running.
After canceling, the task end with "Error : unexpected status" and no "Task Error" message
Cancel-201.png
Cancel-201.png (30.38 KiB) Viewed 567 times
HDD 0 & 1 are removed, but HDD 2 is still present and not linked to VM, the VM is not removed.

When a tried to cancel another import to a local storage, the whole VM is removed, and the task ends with a logical task error :
TASK ERROR: unable to create VM 202 - cannot import from 'xxxxx/test_SRV-DC1-000001.vmdk' - copy failed: command '/usr/bin/qemu-img convert -p -n -f vmdk -O raw /run/pve/import/xxxxxxx/test_SRV-DC1/test_SRV-DC1-000001.vmdk zeroinit:/dev/LVM-Thin-900G/vm-202-disk-1' failed: received interrupt
yaroslav (staff)
Staff
Posts: 4489
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:11 am

Thu Oct 01, 2026 8:29 pm

Dev team has confirmed the bug. I'd suggest waiting for the Plugin release.
B38
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2026 7:36 am

Fri Oct 02, 2026 10:16 am

OK, thank you, I'll give a try with next version
yaroslav (staff)
Staff
Posts: 4489
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:11 am

Fri Oct 02, 2026 11:22 am

Thanks.
Post Reply