How do I force a synch?

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

Peng1996

Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:24 am

We have had a two node VSAN cluster running for a year now and were supposed to go to a hardware solution well before the license expired. Because of the pandemic all incoming hardware was very slow to arrive and we still haven't been able to implement it. In the mean time the license for our Starwinds setup expired. We were able to obtain new licenses and essay writer update the software for the short term however neither of our servers are synchronizing or even attempting to synch. Both show that they can reach each other via their 10Gig synch channel but nothing is happening. This cluster is used for remote desktops so our RDS setup connected to this cluster is down.

How do I force a synch?
yaroslav (staff)
Staff

Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:03 am

Welcome to StarWind Forum.
A: If one is synchronized,
Ty restarting the node that is not synchronized or right-click the HA device -> Synchronization

B: If none is synchronized,
https://knowledgebase.starwindsoftware. ... -blackout/
If you have a trial or NFR key (i.e., the time-restricted GUI-enabled version), please reach out to support@starwind.com.
noelretina

Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:56 am

Check disk health: Ensure that all disks in both nodes are healthy and operational. If there are any disk failures or other issues, they could be preventing synchronization.
Review logs: Check the logs on both nodes for any errors or warnings related to VSAN synchronization. This can provide valuable information about what might be causing the issue.
Force synchronization: Depending on the VSAN software you're using, there may be an option to force synchronization manually. This is typically a last resort and should only be done after careful consideration, as it can potentially cause data loss or corruption if not done correctly.
kedgesponson

Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:02 am

Sometimes, restarting can resolve the OneDrive sync issues, and it will restart the OneDrive sync engine, and sync folders correctly.
lemepo3870

Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:01 am

I tried restarting but it didn't fix the sync problem. I searched for it in the settings a lot.
yaroslav (staff)
Staff

Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:09 am

lemepo3870 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:01 am
I tried restarting but it didn't fix the sync problem. I searched for it in the settings a lot.
Did you have a chance to check the hardware?
May I wonder if any of the nodes are synchronized, and, may I wonder if you ever tried restarting the active node (BEWARE OF DOWNTIME AND POSSIBLE MUTUAL NOT SYNCHORNIZED)
kedgesponson wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:02 am
Sometimes, restarting can resolve the OneDrive sync issues, and it will restart the OneDrive sync engine, and sync folders correctly.
The request has nothing to do to OneDrive.
Check disk health: Ensure that all disks in both nodes are healthy and operational. If there are any disk failures or other issues, they could be preventing synchronization.
Review logs: Check the logs on both nodes for any errors or warnings related to VSAN synchronization. This can provide valuable information about what might be causing the issue.
Force synchronization: Depending on the VSAN software you're using, there may be an option to force synchronization manually. This is typically a last resort and should only be done after careful consideration, as it can potentially cause data loss or corruption if not done correctly.
Good point. The user is obviously using StarWind VSAN, so that should do the trick.