StarWind iSCSI SAN
StarWind Native SAN for Hyper-V
 

StarPort release notes

Initiator (iSCSI, FCoE, AoE, iSER and NVMe over Fabrics)

Moderators: art (staff), anton (staff), Anatoly (staff), Max (staff)

StarPort release notes

Postby Yacine » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:40 pm

Hi,

Any URL with StarPort release notes ?

Thank you,
Regards.
Yacine
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 1:09 pm

Re: StarPort release notes

Postby anton (staff) » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:36 pm

http://www.rocketdivision.com/news.html

Yacine wrote:Hi,

Any URL with StarPort release notes ?

Thank you,
Regards.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

Image
User avatar
anton (staff)
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3922
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:03 am
Location: British Virgin Islands

Postby Yacine » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:42 pm

Ok but :
"This version faces numerous enhancements, performance optimizations and has separate iSCSI and AoE licensing policy."

By release note I mean which enhancements, bugs... has been made.../...
Yacine
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 1:09 pm

Postby anton (staff) » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:24 pm

I don't think you're really interested in source code line number we've killed nasty race condition for example. We'd include detailed logs (as we do it for StarBurn SDK) with the next StarPort releases however.

Yacine wrote:Ok but :
"This version faces numerous enhancements, performance optimizations and has separate iSCSI and AoE licensing policy."

By release note I mean which enhancements, bugs... has been made.../...
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

Image
User avatar
anton (staff)
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3922
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:03 am
Location: British Virgin Islands

Postby Yacine » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:14 pm

Code line number will not be of use of course (BTW code is not open so), but will wait for next release to check the release history you will integrate.

Just an example (never mind the product itself) of which type of release note/history will be appreciated :
http://www.kerio.com/kms_history.html

Thank you.
Yacine
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 1:09 pm

Postby anton (staff) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:28 pm

I'm not a big fan of such a detailed release histories but whatever... You want them - you get them!

Yacine wrote:Code line number will not be of use of course (BTW code is not open so), but will wait for next release to check the release history you will integrate.

Just an example (never mind the product itself) of which type of release note/history will be appreciated :
http://www.kerio.com/kms_history.html

Thank you.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

Image
User avatar
anton (staff)
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3922
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:03 am
Location: British Virgin Islands


Return to StarPort

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest