I dont want mounting Persistent devices before i log in!

Initiator (iSCSI, FCoE, AoE, iSER and NVMe over Fabrics), iSCSI accelerator and RAM disk

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

windypao

Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:43 am

I JUST want mounting Persistent devices when I run the processes(Starport.exe)(just like starport V2.64)...i dont want mounting before i log in~~~how can i do that?
Val (staff)

Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:33 am

windypao wrote:I JUST want mounting Persistent devices when I run the processes(Starport.exe)(just like starport V2.64)...i dont want mounting before i log in~~~how can i do that?
Hi,
This is a new feature of StarPort 3.0.x.
For most of people earlier mounting of persistent devices is very important thing. Espesially for servers where user can not log in for monthes.

For the recent StarPort versions you can use non-persistent devices and remount them manually each tyme you need them.
Best regards,
Valeriy
windypao

Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:50 pm

well...... i got 580+ customer mashines here~~so, if the SP3.0.x. always mounting the persistent devices automaticly, i think my server might down less than 60Sec.~~so i just wanna mounting manually whenever i want~whenever my customers want..

then how to do that??or how to change the functions??

if the SP3.0.x. cannot do that,plz tell me 2 and i think u can think about the manually thing in nexe version of Starport
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:48 pm

1) We'll check what we can do. Maybe implementing *both* schemes (global mount and user logon mount) is really a good idea.

2) 580 machines? Very interesting... Would you please write me down your license details and usage scenario. I don't remember anybody doing such a big payment. And I'm also very interested to know about 500+ client node SAN environment.
windypao wrote:well...... i got 580+ customer mashines here~~so, if the SP3.0.x. always mounting the persistent devices automaticly, i think my server might down less than 60Sec.~~so i just wanna mounting manually whenever i want~whenever my customers want..

then how to do that??or how to change the functions??

if the SP3.0.x. cannot do that,plz tell me 2 and i think u can think about the manually thing in nexe version of Starport
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software