NVMe-oF Initiator, how to connect when Windows boots?

Initiator (iSCSI, FCoE, AoE, iSER and NVMe over Fabrics), iSCSI accelerator and RAM disk

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

ladernak

Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:18 am

Hi all, I'm currently testing out StarWinds' NVMe-oF Initiator. I can successfully connect to my NVMe-oF target, but now I am wondering how to get the target to automatically connect on startup, so that you don't have to think about it after it boots and happens automatically (as if it were a locally connected NVMe drive).

What is the best way to achieve this?
yaroslav (staff)
Staff

Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:01 am

Welcome to StarWind Forum!
NVMe-oF Initiator can be selected in the MS iSCSI Initiator list and so the favorite targets are created.
ladernak

Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:31 am

Hi yaroslav, thanks for your reply.

Is there any specific configuration I need to do / settings I need to change in the iSCSI Initiator, or will it work automatically with Starwinds NVMe-oF Initiator when that is installed, out of the box?
yaroslav (staff)
Staff

Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:19 am

It should automatically pick the new Initiator up once the drivers are installed and the server is rebooted.
mahuan1688

Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:45 pm

ladernak wrote:Hi all, I'm currently testing out StarWinds' NVMe-oF Initiator. I can successfully connect to my NVMe-oF target, but now I am wondering how to get the target to automatically connect on startup, so that you don't have to think about it after it boots and happens automatically (as if it were a locally connected NVMe drive).

What is the best way to achieve this?

What equipment and network environment are used, and how about the speed
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:27 pm

If it's not wire speed and / or performance of all-NVMe back end... Something is improperly configured and StarWind engineers should have a look!

We've able to saturate 4*100GbE uplinks with all-Optane SPDK target.
mahuan1688 wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:45 pm

[ ... ]

What equipment and network environment are used, and how about the speed
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software