is the automount problem fixed in starport 2.6?

Initiator (iSCSI, FCoE, AoE, iSER and NVMe over Fabrics), iSCSI accelerator and RAM disk

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

sugerfunk

Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:53 pm

is the automount problem fixed in starport 2.6? i'd like to know before i start downloading and messing with it. also, how does one register starport with a free license? sorry, i looked through the documentation, but i could not find it.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:29 am

1) Yes.

2) "Mess" is a wrong word for StarPort software. Understand?

3) For now you'll have to write down an e-mail with registration request. You'll get you .reg file to unlock the program after trial priod would be over. We'll add some special e-mail and "Register..." button or whatever in the next minor update. Just want to get back some feedback about real critical bugs fixed.
sugerfunk wrote:is the automount problem fixed in starport 2.6? i'd like to know before i start downloading and messing with it. also, how does one register starport with a free license? sorry, i looked through the documentation, but i could not find it.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

sugerfunk

Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:48 am

anton, make no mistake - i think both StarPort and StarWind are great pieces of software.
maybe something got lost in translation. by no means, was i using a negative term when i said "messing with it". to me, that's slang for "testing it for my purposes". no offense intended :-).

i'll be sending you an email shortly to request a license for personal use.
thank you for your great work!
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:01 am

"Lost in translation-2" (c) ...

My native Russian served really bad job now :-( Sorry for this! :-)

Yes, please drop us a message and you'll get your key.
sugerfunk wrote:anton, make no mistake - i think both StarPort and StarWind are great pieces of software.
maybe something got lost in translation. by no means, was i using a negative term when i said "messing with it". to me, that's slang for "testing it for my purposes". no offense intended :-).

i'll be sending you an email shortly to request a license for personal use.
thank you for your great work!
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software