StarWind iSCSI SAN
StarWind Native SAN for Hyper-V

Is your iSCSI Initiator still being developed/maintained?

Initiator (iSCSI, FCoE, AoE, iSER and NVMe over Fabrics), iSCSI accelerator and RAM disk

Moderators: art (staff), anton (staff), Anatoly (staff), Max (staff)

Is your iSCSI Initiator still being developed/maintained?

Postby Tim » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:40 am

Only reason I ask is because in some cases the MS iSCSI Init is a bit buggy so I use your one instead.

For example: If I use Starwind to make a BlueRay optical drive available for remote use, the MS iSCSI software/driver will cause a BSOD x012E on the remote machine when trying to use the drive.
Your iSCSI Initiator works fine (as I would expect because you guys know your stuff).

Thanks

Tim

(Sorry of this is the wrong forum section, wasn't sure where to put this)
Tim

Re: Is your iSCSI Initiator still being developed/maintained?

Postby anton (staff) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:03 pm

No. It's in legacy state and we have plans to drop it completely soon. You know the reason..........................

Tim wrote:Only reason I ask is because in some cases the MS iSCSI Init is a bit buggy so I use your one instead.

For example: If I use Starwind to make a BlueRay optical drive available for remote use, the MS iSCSI software/driver will cause a BSOD x012E on the remote machine when trying to use the drive.
Your iSCSI Initiator works fine (as I would expect because you guys know your stuff).

Thanks

Tim

(Sorry of this is the wrong forum section, wasn't sure where to put this)
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

anton (staff)
Site Admin

Postby Tim » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:25 pm

Ok, if your iSCSI initiator is unsupported legacy and the MS iSCSI is buggy enough to cause a BSOD, what other free iSCSI Initiator do you recommend?

Thanks

Tim
Tim

Postby anton (staff) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:05 am

There are no other ones to go. You can still use StarWind just don't call for support if there are issues. Pretty much like with MS one.

Tim wrote:Ok, if your iSCSI initiator is unsupported legacy and the MS iSCSI is buggy enough to cause a BSOD, what other free iSCSI Initiator do you recommend?

Thanks

Tim
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

anton (staff)
Site Admin

Return to StarWind NVMe-oF Initiator, StarWind iSCSI Accelerator, StarWind RAM Disk