Driver not signed

Initiator (iSCSI, FCoE, AoE, iSER and NVMe over Fabrics), iSCSI accelerator and RAM disk

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

mjmaritz

Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:22 am

With windows 2008 R2 cluster validation I get warning messages that the Starwind storage controller is not signed. I did run sigverif to check what is not signed and it confirmed that starport.sys is not digitally signed.
Is there a way I can get this signed? I have noticed the certificate signed to it has expired.
Anatoly (staff)
Staff

Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:02 am

I`m assuming that you meant that StarPort driver is not signed (correct me if I`m wrong please). The problem that you faced should give you the warning, not error, which means that you still can successfully create the MS cluster.
Other way to do not face the issue is to remove the StarPort installation, which is not necessary to have for all device types except Mirroring.
Best regards,
Anatoly Vilchinsky
Global Engineering and Support Manager
www.starwind.com
av@starwind.com
mjmaritz

Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:31 am

yes, You are correct and the cluster did finish correctly, just thought it would be better to not have any warning as that is the only thing that is giving warnings.
Anatoly (staff)
Staff

Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:58 pm

yes, You are correct and the cluster did finish correctly, just thought it would be better to not have any warning as that is the only thing that is giving warnings.
Well, than removing of StarPort is the only option here
Best regards,
Anatoly Vilchinsky
Global Engineering and Support Manager
www.starwind.com
av@starwind.com
mjmaritz

Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:43 am

Thanks Anatoly, I have done that and all is fine after I removed it. Just one last question if I want to test the mirroring part how would I go around this then?
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:04 am

Use our high availability clustering featues built-in into our iSCSI target software.
mjmaritz wrote:Thanks Anatoly, I have done that and all is fine after I removed it. Just one last question if I want to test the mirroring part how would I go around this then?
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software