Starwind AoE Init - Error installing device - Driver Failed

Initiator (iSCSI, FCoE, AoE, iSER and NVMe over Fabrics), iSCSI accelerator and RAM disk

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

MABC

Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:24 pm

I have a CORAID SR420 RAID unit. I have successfully set it up as a drive on one laptop running Windows XP using the StarWind AoE Initiator for Windows. However, when I try to access it from a different laptop, I get an error when I try to add the device as follows ....."An Error occurred during installation of the device .... Driver Failed". Screenshots are included below.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening and how I might fix it?

Here you can see that I can "see" the CORAID unit OK.  So I select it and click "Next" ....
Here you can see that I can "see" the CORAID unit OK. So I select it and click "Next" ....
ss1.jpg (54.14 KiB) Viewed 10734 times
Then I get the error...
Then I get the error...
ss2.jpg (58.45 KiB) Viewed 10726 times
Vitalii (staff)
Staff

Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:19 pm

It seems that you are trying to connect to it with different configuration string.

Either use the old configuration string that was used on other machine (DCVSFD2) or set a new one.

To use the old one, check "Edit the configuration string" and type "DCVSFD2" in the field instead of "MASTERARCHIVE2".

To set a new one, check "Force set the configuration string" this will set the configuration string to "MASTERARCHIVE2".
MABC

Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:22 pm

Thanks very much for this. I had no idea what the configuration string was, or that the string between the < and > symbols was the current configuration string of the CORAID blade, or that it needed to match the configuration string of my machine, or that the display showing 'MASTERARCHIVE2' was the configuration string of my machine...a lot of things that I didn't know! None of this seems to be explained anywhere. A pop-up help window explaining all this would be a great help for beginners like me. Now that this is explained, it works fine.
Vitalii (staff)
Staff

Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:16 pm

You are very welcome! Feel free to post any questions if you will have any other issues.