AoE Initiator Device Access is denied

Initiator (iSCSI, FCoE, AoE, iSER and NVMe over Fabrics), iSCSI accelerator and RAM disk

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

andrewbrown

Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 pm

Hi, I have been using Starport for some time as the frontend for our CoRaid on a server 2003 machine. At the weekend we lost access to the CoRaid. A colleague suggested it might to be something to do with a bunch of windoes updates that just went on. I uninstalled Starport and installed AoE Initiator. when I try to add a device, the CoRaid is found via its nic but the add wizard fails with: Device Access is denied.

I ticked the automount & force set boxes.

ANy help would be much appreciated as this is causing a real problem for us.

Thanks.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:13 pm

1) Replace StarPort with dedicated AoE Initiator. Monolithic StarPort is retired.

2) In case of failure grab and send us complete AoE Initiator connect log.

3) If 2) is not going to be enough be prepared to install Wireshark, capture, zip and send us back failed connect attempt log.
andrewbrown wrote:Hi, I have been using Starport for some time as the frontend for our CoRaid on a server 2003 machine. At the weekend we lost access to the CoRaid. A colleague suggested it might to be something to do with a bunch of windoes updates that just went on. I uninstalled Starport and installed AoE Initiator. when I try to add a device, the CoRaid is found via its nic but the add wizard fails with: Device Access is denied.

I ticked the automount & force set boxes.

ANy help would be much appreciated as this is causing a real problem for us.

Thanks.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software