iSCSI initiator

Initiator (iSCSI, FCoE, AoE, iSER and NVMe over Fabrics), iSCSI accelerator and RAM disk

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

jlcCDH

Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:06 pm

I have a Windows Server 2003 VM on ESX4 with StarWind 5.5 (0x20100903)

Using the Microsoft iSCSI Initiator, I can connect to the EMC SAN and attach iSCSI LUNs to the VM.

I can telnet to the iSCSI port on the EMC SAN storage controller using any of the addresses of any of the storage controllers.

When I try to Add a "Remote iSCSI Device" using any of the addresses of any of the storage controllers on the EMC, I get "Failed to connect to remote server".

What's up?
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:44 pm

No idea... Please provide StarPort logs for the very beginning (and also please clarify what's StarWind V5.5 is about here). Then we'll be able to tell. For now we can only guess EMC does not like iSCSI handshake parameters StarPort is trying to negotiate about. Should be pretty easy fixable in any case. Thanks!
jlcCDH wrote:I have a Windows Server 2003 VM on ESX4 with StarWind 5.5 (0x20100903)

Using the Microsoft iSCSI Initiator, I can connect to the EMC SAN and attach iSCSI LUNs to the VM.

I can telnet to the iSCSI port on the EMC SAN storage controller using any of the addresses of any of the storage controllers.

When I try to Add a "Remote iSCSI Device" using any of the addresses of any of the storage controllers on the EMC, I get "Failed to connect to remote server".

What's up?
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software