StarWind iSCSI SAN
StarWind Native SAN for Hyper-V

StarPort CHAP Incompatibility with 3rd Party iSCSI Target

Initiator (iSCSI, FCoE, AoE, iSER and NVMe over Fabrics)

Moderators: art (staff), anton (staff), Anatoly (staff), Max (staff)

StarPort CHAP Incompatibility with 3rd Party iSCSI Target

Postby dutch55 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:03 pm

I tried the StarPort initiator against an iSCSI target from RASilient Systems. (See www.rasilient.com). CHAP failed. Here is what one of their developers said when I reported it to them. They think it is your problem:

"The StarPort initiator has some problem with the CHAP state machine. It tries to negotiate AUTH_METHOD at the last step instead of the very first step."

Dear Anton:

If you want to establish a dialog to resolve with them, pls send me a private message.
dutch55

Re: StarPort CHAP Incompatibility with 3rd Party iSCSI Targe

Postby anton (staff) » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:15 pm

Very interesting :-( OK, we're checking what's wrongs with our code. Thank you for bug report. And sure! I'll be happy to talk to you in private. Just please drop me a message to [email protected]. Thank you!

dutch55 wrote:I tried the StarPort initiator against an iSCSI target from RASilient Systems. (See www.rasilient.com). CHAP failed. Here is what one of their developers said when I reported it to them. They think it is your problem:

"The StarPort initiator has some problem with the CHAP state machine. It tries to negotiate AUTH_METHOD at the last step instead of the very first step."

Dear Anton:

If you want to establish a dialog to resolve with them, pls send me a private message.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

anton (staff)
Site Admin

Postby Val (staff) » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:27 pm

dutch55 wrote:I tried the StarPort initiator against an iSCSI target from RASilient Systems. (See www.rasilient.com). CHAP failed. Here is what one of their developers said when I reported it to them. They think it is your problem:

Dear Anton:

Hi,

Thank you for the information.
We've already fixed the issue and it will be included into the next StarPort build.
Best regards,
Valeriy
Val (staff)

Postby anton (staff) » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:37 pm

Valery-the-Turbo :-)

valery (staff) wrote:

Dear Anton:

Hi,

Thank you for the information.
We've already fixed the issue and it will be included into the next StarPort build.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

anton (staff)
Site Admin

Postby Val (staff) » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:53 pm

Dutch55,

Please download the recent StarPort version from our site (v2.4.2 build 20041104)
http://www.starwindsoftware.com/starport-download-free

The issue with incorrect CHAP responses is fixed in the version.

Thank you for the feedback once more.
Best regards,
Valeriy
Val (staff)

Return to StarPort