Starport / W2K3 Server / 2 "Partitions" Showing

Initiator (iSCSI, FCoE, AoE, iSER and NVMe over Fabrics), iSCSI accelerator and RAM disk

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

podaddy

Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:07 pm

Hi all,
I am attempting to connect our Coraid SR1521 via Starport to a Windows 2003 Server box. We originally were using the Coraid device in parallel with a Coraid CLN/21 to share via Samba, but I am now investigating a direct AoE connection to our server.

Some specs:
Server - HP DL320 with dual GIG ethernet (have also tried on a laptop running identical OS)
OS - I've tried W2K3 Server SP2, W2K3 Server R2 SP2, W2K8 server; same result with each
Connecting Via: Starport AoE driver, Ethernet1 from Coraid box to ethernet card of server
Coraid - 9 drives totaling approximately 6TB of space; one spare drive; was originally formatted with XFS with no luck, rebuild RAID5 as raw to format with Windows Server, no luck there either

Issues:
Starport installs properly and the "Add New Device" wizard seems to configure the AoE connection properly. Starport sees the Coraid device and sets things up. However, the drive does not show in "My Computer". When I switch to "Disk Management", I get an uninitialized drive of the full size (6+TB). I select "Initialize Disk", and once this finishes, I get two sections on the 6TB drive - the first is around 2TB, and I can create a partition on it; the second is the remaining 4TB of space, and I cannot perform any functions on this area. I have no option for converting the drive to GPT, nor can I even touch the 2nd area of the drive.

I'm not sure what other information may be useful, but please let me know if I can provide anything further. Thanks in advance!

Kindest regards,
MW :D
podaddy

Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:06 pm

Disregard this question - I was able to convert the drive via DISKPART on the command line, and now I have a full 6TB drive on W2K3 Server R2.

Nice work on the Starport software, btw :)

Kindest regards,
MW
Robert (staff)

Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:06 pm

MW,

Glad you were able to sort it out

If you have further questions conserning our software, please feel free to post! :)

Thanks
Robert
StarWind Software Inc.
http://www.starwindsoftware.com