Disk Event ID 15 Errors

Initiator (iSCSI, FCoE, AoE, iSER and NVMe over Fabrics), iSCSI accelerator and RAM disk

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

cshenberger

Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:06 am

So this error has only been seen with the latest coraid firmware?
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:18 am

Yes.
cshenberger wrote:So this error has only been seen with the latest coraid firmware?
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

cshenberger

Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:49 pm

Anton,

Any update or thoughts on this?
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:33 pm

No.
cshenberger wrote:Anton,

Any update or thoughts on this?
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

cshenberger

Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:20 pm

Anton,

are there any other customers experiencing data corruption issues using starport 3.6?

Have you been able to come to any resolution on this issue?

Thank you,

Casey
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:41 pm

Yes. We don't have any complains ourselves but CoRAID had forwarded few.

No. The only thing we know for sure - it happens when upgrading CoRAID firmware to the most recent one. Guys are checking this issue but we'll only have some info Monday-Tuesday next week.
cshenberger wrote:Anton,

are there any other customers experiencing data corruption issues using starport 3.6?

Have you been able to come to any resolution on this issue?

Thank you,

Casey
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

molari001

Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:36 pm

Has this issue been solved? We have the exact same issue. It came up several months ago and we were told to upgrade the firmware and the aoe software and the errors were reduced for a while but are now back again. All of the symptoms/software are identical. This is a large issue as a scandisk takes a longtime and the software using the volume has to be offline while running it. Did disabling write cache help?
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:17 pm

No. We cannot catch this situation in the lab so we can only suspect combination of NIC driver and CoRAID firmware non-working together. It does not happen with other NIC, other CoRAID target (software or hardware) or other OS in the client. That's all we know :((
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

molari001

Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:25 pm

Thank you for the update. Just out of curiosity, did you test this with a windows GPT partition? I noticed that this seems to be a common factor as well. We have this error on 2 different coraids in two different locations. The only common factor between them is the fact that they both are using GPT type windows partitions. One is much smaller than the other and has much lower io, but still generates the errors. Also, it doesn't seem directly related to disk io as sometimes it occurs with low io and other times it occurs with high io. Not sure if this helps, but thought I would pass it along.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:07 am

Well. nothing for as it did not help ((

I think we did. I'll make techies look once again but I think they were GPT partitions.

This is true. Even with lack of activities customers report this happen. Can you switch to the different NIC vendor BTW?
molari001 wrote:Thank you for the update. Just out of curiosity, did you test this with a windows GPT partition? I noticed that this seems to be a common factor as well. We have this error on 2 different coraids in two different locations. The only common factor between them is the fact that they both are using GPT type windows partitions. One is much smaller than the other and has much lower io, but still generates the errors. Also, it doesn't seem directly related to disk io as sometimes it occurs with low io and other times it occurs with high io. Not sure if this helps, but thought I would pass it along.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Bohdan (staff)
Staff

Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:51 am

Hi.
Have you updated StarPort to the latest 3.6.3 version?
http://www.starwindsoftware.com/starport-download-free