multiple esx host, single img

Initiator (iSCSI, FCoE, AoE, iSER and NVMe over Fabrics), iSCSI accelerator and RAM disk

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

bradmg1

Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:09 pm

Love the software. Vista and XP can connect to img files no problem. However, I am setting up an ESX test environment in workstation 6 and cannot get 2 ESX hosts to share a single img file. I have checked the box to enable clustering. What am I missing?
aaron (staff)

Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:00 pm

In a nutshell - EVERYTHING. Try reading this:

http://www.starwindsoftware.com/forums/ ... php?t=1392

Hope it will help :)
bradmg1 wrote:Love the software. Vista and XP can connect to img files no problem. However, I am setting up an ESX test environment in workstation 6 and cannot get 2 ESX hosts to share a single img file. I have checked the box to enable clustering. What am I missing?
Regards,
Aaron Korfer

Sales & Support
Rocket Division Software
bradmg1

Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:09 pm

No, I am not missing EVERYTHING. If your saying VMFS is not a cluster aware file system you would be wrong.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:57 pm

You did not mention you're using VMFS :) I though you have problems with two virtualized OSes running inside different ESX machines.

OK, please send us StarWind log with failed second ESX initiator connect and we'll tell you why it cannot connect.

Thanks!
bradmg1 wrote:No, I am not missing EVERYTHING. If your saying VMFS is not a cluster aware file system you would be wrong.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software