Command Line

Initiator (iSCSI, FCoE, AoE, iSER and NVMe over Fabrics), iSCSI accelerator and RAM disk

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

rajbakshi

Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:27 pm

Hi:

Is there a way to use StartPort iSCSI initiator from command line.

Thanks,
Raj
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:22 pm

You need to wait for StarPort R 4.0 with WMI (and command line interface).
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

rajbakshi

Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:38 pm

Hi Aton:

Thank you very much for your response. Do you have any ETA for 4.0 and will it be free or paid.

once again thanks for the reply.

Raj
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:33 am

We need quite a time to roll back from own APi to the WMI thing so I don't think you'll see it before April-May 2008... Sorry for this :)

Free of course! Unless you'll deploy extra features (like secure encrypted iSCSI tunelling or replication MS iSCSI initiator does not have).
rajbakshi wrote:Hi Aton:

Thank you very much for your response. Do you have any ETA for 4.0 and will it be free or paid.

once again thanks for the reply.

Raj
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

pstoklosa

Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:16 pm

It's now June of 2008. When is the version that will support the command line, version 4, scheduled for release? We're contemplating the purchase of a coraid device, but we're holding off until we can script the attaching and detaching of the disks.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:27 pm

We're busy with the other things so did not even starting implemented scripting for the StarPort. If you're serious customer you may drop us a message to info@rocketdivision.com so we could discuss StarPort API opening for you (including some C console samples).
pstoklosa wrote:It's now June of 2008. When is the version that will support the command line, version 4, scheduled for release? We're contemplating the purchase of a coraid device, but we're holding off until we can script the attaching and detaching of the disks.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

RulerOf

Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:55 am

Hello,

I find myself in need of an iSCSI initiator that I can script some actions to inside of a Windows XP based PE, and while, unlike the MS iSCSI Initator, Starport does work in the PE's I've build, I too cannot find any command line options in Starport's executables.

Is there any documentation or steps I need to follow to script iSCSI target logons?

Thanks,

Andrew Bobulsky
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:03 am

Please contact me at anton@rocketdivision.com and we'll discuss what you do and will we be able to provide you with StarPort SDK binary version under some conditions. Then you'll be able to script... Thanks!
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev