Check Disk utility

Initiator (iSCSI, FCoE, AoE, iSER and NVMe over Fabrics), iSCSI accelerator and RAM disk

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

dakolta

Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:54 am

I'm getting this error:
The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume NetData.

How do you run chkdsk on a Starport connected drive when it requires the Starport software to load, you can't have it do an auto fix system file errors.

The server is win2003, dual Xenon, 1gig ram.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:00 am

If you've damaged somehow host machine disk space (where StarPort driver resides) this has nothing to do with the StarPort functionality. It's like burning your house and asking TV vendor why the cable TV does not work any more... If you cannot recover (or boot) your machine you're running StarPort at - install it on the other one (use the same key, untill there is single machine in the network using it it should work) and connect to the iSCSI target with the StarPort. Now you can access your "networked" data...
dakolta wrote:I'm getting this error:
The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume NetData.

How do you run chkdsk on a Starport connected drive when it requires the Starport software to load, you can't have it do an auto fix system file errors.

The server is win2003, dual Xenon, 1gig ram.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

dakolta

Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:50 am

You misunderstood, it's not the drive that the operating system is on but the Coraid system. I would run chkdsk wth the option to auto fix and scan for bad sectors, then reboot and it can't find the atoe drive.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:11 pm

How could it guess it's CoRAID drive? Whatever... Do you see the AoE disk when connected in Disk Management?
dakolta wrote:You misunderstood, it's not the drive that the operating system is on but the Coraid system. I would run chkdsk wth the option to auto fix and scan for bad sectors, then reboot and it can't find the atoe drive.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software