StarWind v8 Installation Stuck

Tape drive and auto-loader redirector over iSCSI

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

bansh

Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:55 pm

Hello,

I tried to install StarWind v8 on a Hypervisor for the purposes of using the Tape Redirector. However, the setup window seems to be frozen on the following step:

"Trying to uninstall the old Hardware VSS provider module..."

Because of this, I force stopped the installer, and installed it without using the "hardware VSS provider" option. StarWind v8 installed successfully.

Then at that point, I tried uninstalling StarWind via Control Panel, uninstall programs.

It does not uninstall... The uninstaller window comes up, the screen flashes quick, and the green progress bar never moves. It gets stuck when uninstalling as well.

So at that point, I tried installing again from the Starwindv8 .exe installer, but this time with the same options as before thinking that if I gave it enough time, it would eventually finish.

It did not finish, and is now still stuck on "Trying to uninstall the old Hardware VSS provider module...".

So... now I need the process of manually uninstalling StarWind because your software is not capable of doing it.

Can someone help me with that?

Thank you.
Michael (staff)
Staff

Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:26 am

Hello bansh,
Please try to delete StarWind VSS Provider by running the script below and provide us with its output.
The script is available here: C:\Program Files\StarWind Software\StarWind\VSS\hw\UnInstallStarWindProvider.bat
After running the script, try to uninstall StarWind VSAN.
mobnick

Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:27 am

How we can use It with [BackupApplicationName] on Android, and can teach how to improve skill in this application?
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:20 pm

Ask [BackupApplicationName] vendor. They should reach us for compatibility tests after amount of customer support queries reaches some threshold value guess.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software