Adding Autoloader as Device not Listed

Tape drive and auto-loader redirector over iSCSI

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

Simster

Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:05 pm

Hi All,

I am trying to set up my Quantum Scalar i80 as a device, but it does not appear in the list to add even though it appears as a device in the device manager (Windows Server 2008 R2). The library contains three tape drives and they all appear if I add a tape drive. The device is connected through SCSI pass-through through one of the tape drives in the library. Is there something I need to do to get it to appear in the device lists? I've searched quite a bit and have not come across anyone else with this same scenario.

Thanks,

-John
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:10 pm

Is there any chance you'd attach or send (both zipped of course) StarWind log from a machine with tape autoloader installed? So we'd see is it not detected, not found or it's a sharing violation opening it. Thanks!
Simster wrote:Hi All,

I am trying to set up my Quantum Scalar i80 as a device, but it does not appear in the list to add even though it appears as a device in the device manager (Windows Server 2008 R2). The library contains three tape drives and they all appear if I add a tape drive. The device is connected through SCSI pass-through through one of the tape drives in the library. Is there something I need to do to get it to appear in the device lists? I've searched quite a bit and have not come across anyone else with this same scenario.

Thanks,

-John
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

Simster

Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:51 pm

Okay, a server reboot cleared up whatever issue had incurred. Thanks for taking the time to review this.

-John
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:58 pm

We absolutely *love* self-supporting customers :)
Simster wrote:Okay, a server reboot cleared up whatever issue had incurred. Thanks for taking the time to review this.

-John
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

Anatoly (staff)
Staff

Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:00 pm

Thanks for the heads up!
Best regards,
Anatoly Vilchinsky
Global Engineering and Support Manager
www.starwind.com