Tape Redirector not working on Free Version 8-hyperv

Tape drive and auto-loader redirector over iSCSI

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

fpinto

Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:19 pm

I am trying to use tape redirector. I had it working with the 30day trial license but now when I install the free license, the Physical Tape Auto-Loader/Changer option is locked. I reached out to sales and they said it should be working. I've reinstalled the product using the free version download,removed the Starwind license key from the registry and reinstalled the free license key as suggested by sales but no luck. I am running it on w2k8r2sp1.

Any ideas? I really need this to work because I virtualized my DPM and can't find anything else to redirect the autoloader.

Thanks!!
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:38 pm

Please send XML key file back to support@starwindsoftare.com so we could take a look does it actually has TR functionality enabled.
fpinto wrote:I am trying to use tape redirector. I had it working with the 30day trial license but now when I install the free license, the Physical Tape Auto-Loader/Changer option is locked. I reached out to sales and they said it should be working. I've reinstalled the product using the free version download,removed the Starwind license key from the registry and reinstalled the free license key as suggested by sales but no luck. I am running it on w2k8r2sp1.

Any ideas? I really need this to work because I virtualized my DPM and can't find anything else to redirect the autoloader.

Thanks!!
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

fpinto

Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:41 pm

Where do I get the xml to send over?
fpinto

Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:55 pm

never mind. I know what you mean. sending over now.
fpinto

Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:47 pm

I received a new license key from support and all is working fine. Thanks for your help. You guys are great!
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:36 pm

Sorry about that. Will update license key generator to make it automatic. Thank you!
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

Anatoly (staff)
Staff

Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:37 pm

Hi!

Can you try to download the license again and see if it works?
Best regards,
Anatoly Vilchinsky
Global Engineering and Support Manager
www.starwind.com
av@starwind.com