Download V8 Gold of Tape Redirector

Tape drive and auto-loader redirector over iSCSI

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

sashton

Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:37 pm

Please tell me how to download V8 edition of the Tape redirector software

Thank you
Last edited by sashton on Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sashton

Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:35 pm

I need to download the release code version of V8 of the Tape Redirector. Can you send me the download link please?

Thank you
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:45 pm

Tape Redirector functionality is embedded into a free version of StarWind Virtual SAN V8 so apply for that one (you may have to contact sales for a special key if you'll see that one "grayed out" don't worry we've fixed that in an upcoming update).
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

sashton

Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:33 am

I downloaded the Tape Redirector from your website which is part of the Vritual San V8 product and when it installs it runs version 5.8.1979.So it has actually gone backwards in the version.Before when I looked at the version it would say version 8. Also the downloaded version still does not work and says it cannot connect to the service on the host.

I then downloaded the Virtual SAN free product but when i try to install that, it does not have the Tape redirector files within it

Do you have a version 8 download link for Tape Redirector full release code?

Thanks
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:55 pm

I can only repeat second time with the other words what I've just told you.

1) Don't use ancient version 5.8 as it's EOL-ed and would be removed from site soon. Please use StarWind Virtual SAN V8 a it's the only and unified product.

2) After installing if you see Tape Redirector functionality grayed out please CONTACT SALES. That's sales@starwindsoftware.com that simple. I'm not sales so I cannot give you the key as I don't have access to key generator. I cannot give you direct download links for anything as they are dynamic, require registration and don't exist in general.
sashton wrote:I downloaded the Tape Redirector from your website which is part of the Vritual San V8 product and when it installs it runs version 5.8.1979.So it has actually gone backwards in the version.Before when I looked at the version it would say version 8. Also the downloaded version still does not work and says it cannot connect to the service on the host.

I then downloaded the Virtual SAN free product but when i try to install that, it does not have the Tape redirector files within it

Do you have a version 8 download link for Tape Redirector full release code?

Thanks
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

sashton

Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:06 pm

Ok. I downloaded the free version of the V8 virtual SAN and installed it and now my tape redirector is working.

Thank you very much for the help!!!!!!!!!
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:06 pm

Good :) Please keep us updated about your progress.
sashton wrote:Ok. I downloaded the free version of the V8 virtual SAN and installed it and now my tape redirector is working.

Thank you very much for the help!!!!!!!!!
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

k1_

Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:14 am

I'm having trouble getting this to work. I already have the latest 6884 version and using the Free key I don't get Tape Redirector, but when using a Trial key I get it. So what do I need to do, wait for a new version of the software or get a new key to get a permanent license?

//
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:53 am

Same question - same answer. You contact sales and ask for Tape Redirector enabled key. You'll get it. One of the updates will have this fixed but we don't want to re-package the build with just a few minor changes.
k1_ wrote:I'm having trouble getting this to work. I already have the latest 6884 version and using the Free key I don't get Tape Redirector, but when using a Trial key I get it. So what do I need to do, wait for a new version of the software or get a new key to get a permanent license?

//
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Anatoly (staff)
Staff

Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:23 pm

Hi!
Can I ask you to download the Free license key again and see if it works?
Best regards,
Anatoly Vilchinsky
Global Engineering and Support Manager
www.starwind.com
av@starwind.com
k1_

Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:39 pm

Hi
Works fine now with the new License key :)

Thanks
//
Anatoly (staff)
Staff

Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:14 pm

Thanks for the update! Take care!
Best regards,
Anatoly Vilchinsky
Global Engineering and Support Manager
www.starwind.com
av@starwind.com