Tape Device stays offline

Tape drive and auto-loader redirector over iSCSI

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

anton (staff)
Site Admin

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:44 pm

As you probably understand functionality you use is not what we make money on so right now everybody is quite busy with money-making stuff inside V8 we plan to RC2 next week. I do have a scheduled meeting with R&D on Monday so I'll try to figure out TR related issues as well.
If you run latest RC there's no much you can do (except using scripts guys had created for workaround and I do appreciate their activities they do definitely pay back to us).
Markus wrote:I appreciate your feedback, Anton. What could I do next to aid you and your colleagues in taking down one of the issues after the other? Please advise, either directly, by PM, or direct email (see my registration Information).

Kind regards,

Markus
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

Markus

Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:14 pm

Again, thanks and appreciation for your efforts to provide a basic functionallity for free to the global community. It is very well understood and respected that you are focussing your efforts to the commercial side of things.
Knowing now that the functional deficiency of the free Version is still on your agenda, I'm happy to wait until you pick it up again.... I just could not read from the posts where you stand on this topic and how the future would look like, so I put in my comments to get a status update.

Keep up the great work!

Best regards,
Markus
Anatoly (staff)
Staff

Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:46 am

Thank you for the feedback! We really appreciate it!
Best regards,
Anatoly Vilchinsky
Global Engineering and Support Manager
www.starwind.com
av@starwind.com
guideclothing

Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:15 am

does anyone know if this problem exists with Backup Exec 2014?
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:14 pm

No positive or negative feedback at this point :(
guideclothing wrote:does anyone know if this problem exists with Backup Exec 2014?
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software