Tape redirector detecting library but not tape drive.

Tape drive and auto-loader redirector over iSCSI

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

andy0789

Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:53 pm

I also have an HP SSL1016 and am having the same issue. Is it possible for me to get the link for the update?

Thanks
Anatoly (staff)
Staff

Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:48 am

I also have an HP SSL1016 and am having the same issue. Is it possible for me to get the link for the update?
Sure, I`ve PMed it to you.
Best regards,
Anatoly Vilchinsky
Global Engineering and Support Manager
www.starwind.com
av@starwind.com
PCMichi

Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:01 am

Hi,

I have also the Problem, that the Tape redirector is detecting the libraray (Overland Neo 2000) but not the tape drives (IBM LTO 3).

Can you send me the download link?

Thanks
etmah

Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:18 am

I experience the same issue with an Tandberg Storageloader LTO2 (SCSI). Tape redirector shows no associated tape drive in the dialog box.
OS is Windows 2008 SP2 x64, installed version is v5.8.0 Build 20120319

Would it be possible to test the updated Version?

Thanks
Anatoly (staff)
Staff

Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:28 am

Guys, I`ve PMed it to all of you. I`ll appreciate to receive your feedback.
Best regards,
Anatoly Vilchinsky
Global Engineering and Support Manager
www.starwind.com
av@starwind.com
jon5

Fri May 24, 2013 2:22 pm

Hi,

I'm experiencing the exact same problem with a Quantum Scalar 50 library (PX500 mode) and HP LTO4 drives on Windows 2008 R2 - separately visible but no drives via library. Could I try the updated build please?

Thanks,
-- Jon
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Sat May 25, 2013 11:45 am

Sure. Drop a line to support@starwindsoftware.com with the descripion of your issue and link to this thread and they will provide you with a key and a download link.

Everything should be fixed after we'll publish V8 release gold and sync Tape with newly represented Virtual Tape Library (everything on the new V8 code branch).
jon5 wrote:Hi,

I'm experiencing the exact same problem with a Quantum Scalar 50 library (PX500 mode) and HP LTO4 drives on Windows 2008 R2 - separately visible but no drives via library. Could I try the updated build please?

Thanks,
-- Jon
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

RobHart

Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:44 am

Hi,

we have exactly the same issue. An HP Storageworks 1/8 G2 autoloader. The device wizard finds the tape inside the autoloader and I can present this as a stand alone drive. If I add an autoloader it lists the autoloader but on the select tape drive screen it is blank, there is no tape drive listed.

It appears we are experiencing the exact same issue as others. Would it be possible to get hold of the version that lists the tape drive in the autoloader please?

Many thanks
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:30 am

The same question - the same answer. OK, I repeat: 1) We've fixed all the issues you list in the current V8 beta build and 2) There would be no Tape Redirector as a stand-alone product any more. We'll add the TR as a feature of all the versions including free ones.

So the best thing you can do now - apply for V8 beta and see did we do everything in the way you wanted. Thanks!
RobHart wrote:Hi,

we have exactly the same issue. An HP Storageworks 1/8 G2 autoloader. The device wizard finds the tape inside the autoloader and I can present this as a stand alone drive. If I add an autoloader it lists the autoloader but on the select tape drive screen it is blank, there is no tape drive listed.

It appears we are experiencing the exact same issue as others. Would it be possible to get hold of the version that lists the tape drive in the autoloader please?

Many thanks
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

keyser

Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:23 pm

Hi Starwind

We are playing around with your fabulous Tape Redirector product, but I have encountered the same problem that many others seem to have received a fix for in this thread.

I have a HP MSL2024 Library with a LTO-6 drive and I experience the exact same problems so I was hoping you would send me the patch so I could test if works or me as well.
I would rather not have to start working with your V8 beta, so I hope you will forward me the patch others have received.

-Keyser
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:35 pm

Tape Redirector is unified with StarWind core so there are no patches. V8 now Release Candidate is the only way to go.
keyser wrote:Hi Starwind

We are playing around with your fabulous Tape Redirector product, but I have encountered the same problem that many others seem to have received a fix for in this thread.

I have a HP MSL2024 Library with a LTO-6 drive and I experience the exact same problems so I was hoping you would send me the patch so I could test if works or me as well.
I would rather not have to start working with your V8 beta, so I hope you will forward me the patch others have received.

-Keyser
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

kamo_1969

Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:40 pm

Hi, have the same problem.
When adding a tape it shows during the process.
But when adding library (dell pv-122T), changer is shown but not tape.
Can you send me link do latest build too?

And another thing: I am new to iscsi technology. If I add target to starwind console, then I want to use iscsi initiator, there are no devices shown if I use 'quick connect'. Also when I try to do it on the same computer. I do not understand it...
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:08 pm

Please apply for Beta Program and download latest Release Candidate. Thanks!
kamo_1969 wrote:Hi, have the same problem.
When adding a tape it shows during the process.
But when adding library (dell pv-122T), changer is shown but not tape.
Can you send me link do latest build too?

And another thing: I am new to iscsi technology. If I add target to starwind console, then I want to use iscsi initiator, there are no devices shown if I use 'quick connect'. Also when I try to do it on the same computer. I do not understand it...
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev