Tape Redirector with iSCSI initiator

Tape drive and auto-loader redirector over iSCSI

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

taverny

Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:34 pm

Hi,
i am sorry if this as been answered already but i couldn't find a post about it.
I installed the StarWind Management console and put the key for Tape Redirector, then I added a device ( my dell Tape backup device) and created a target for the device.

Then I went to my other server and try to connect with the IP address or the name of the server but I keep getting connection Failed.

I disable the firewall on both servers , but still with no success.
What am I missing?
Any help would be appreciate ,
Thanks
David
Anatoly (staff)
Staff

Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:06 pm

So, the device is created and you are trying to connect to it remotely, correct?
May I ask if you have any AV software running on server(s) and what initiator are you using please?
Also, can you drop us the part of logs (compress it and attach to your next message) of StarWind on the time when you are trying to connect to it?

Thank you
Best regards,
Anatoly Vilchinsky
Global Engineering and Support Manager
www.starwind.com
av@starwind.com
taverny

Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:43 pm

Sorry for my late response, I was able to find an answer on your forum. the issue that I had was the port configuration for the taperedirector. I changed it in the config file and then I was able to connect with no issue.
Thanks
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:09 pm

Please run some backup / restore cycles so we could be 100% sure it's working fine. Your feedback is appreciated. Also you may post your ideas here:

http://www.starwindsoftware.com/forums/ ... t2903.html

Thanks!
taverny wrote:Sorry for my late response, I was able to find an answer on your forum. the issue that I had was the port configuration for the taperedirector. I changed it in the config file and then I was able to connect with no issue.
Thanks
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software