Starwind Tape Redirector

Tape drive and auto-loader redirector over iSCSI

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

JamesField

Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:43 am

Good Morning
I have an issue with the Tape Redirector Program Version 5.8.0 Build 20120319 on Server 2008 R2
The issue is that when I attempt to add a Tapedrive to a target a the wizard shows a padlock next to export a tape drive and export autoloader.
Underneath the options is some text saying items marked with a padlock are not licenced.

When i imported the licence it shows as the following information

Licence type: Custom edition
licence id: 2
active licence count: unlimited
max storage capacity unlimted
Servers per licence 1

I have removed the licence and redownloaded it from the site, but this has not changed anything

I hope you can assist

Thanks

James
edh

Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:33 pm

Hi,

I am also having this problem. This product could potentially solve a very large problem for me so i'm very eager to get it working!

I have tried 2 licenses and each one gives me the same screen with the padlocks. The Server is W2K3.

Many Thanks
Ed
Anatoly (staff)
Staff

Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:50 am

Hello Ed,

In your first message you mentioned that you`re running tape redirector on 2008r2, but in the second one you told that you are using 2003. Would you please clarify what OS is hosting our software please?

Thank you
Best regards,
Anatoly Vilchinsky
Global Engineering and Support Manager
www.starwind.com
av@starwind.com
edh

Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:54 am

Hi Anatoly,

I am running Tape Redirector on W2K3 and the previous poster James is running W2K8 R2. We are both having the same problem.

Many Thanks
Ed
JamesField

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:00 am

Its worth pointing out that myself and Ed are not connected, other than appearing to have the same issue.
I have attempted to install this software again on a new domain(again 2008r2) with a new key generated from a personal account (to rule out a random error in the licence generation process)

My results where the same, a successful addition to the licence but a padlock when trying to add a device

Thanks

James
Anatoly (staff)
Staff

Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:04 pm

Yeah, sorry.

OK, about your issue. Can you please try to download the trial key again?
We have fixed the issue I bellieve.
Best regards,
Anatoly Vilchinsky
www.starwind.com
av@starwind.com
JamesField

Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:45 pm

The downloaded Key is idential to the original (confirmed by opening with a txt editor) I will register again to generate a new key and see if that makes a diffrence.

ta

*update*
Yes, as expected just clicking the download does not regenerate the key, it appears as if my original account is now poisoned with what the incorrect key.

The newly generated key does now allow me to select a tape drive, I also notice that under licenced plugins SPTI is now listed.
It appears that you have resolved the issue for anyone who will now generate a new key
Ed, I expect you too will have to create a new account

Thank you for your help in this matter
Anatoly (staff)
Staff

Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:52 pm

Probably we were just flushing all the information about downloads when you tried to generate new key.

Anyway, it is all fixed now and we are much appreciate your assistance to make our product better!

Have a nice day!
Best regards,
Anatoly Vilchinsky
www.starwind.com
av@starwind.com
JamesField

Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:33 pm

Just because I am unable to leave any items left unresolved, I logged back into the original account and the web site let me generate a new key rather than download the old faulty one. The new one works, as predicted it would by you.
I expect as you stated the system had not yet purged my account when I attempted it the first time.

Cheers

James :)
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:09 am

Good! Your feedback about product is very much appreciated! Thank you for cooperation and patience!
JamesField wrote:Just because I am unable to leave any items left unresolved, I logged back into the original account and the web site let me generate a new key rather than download the old faulty one. The new one works, as predicted it would by you.
I expect as you stated the system had not yet purged my account when I attempted it the first time.

Cheers

James :)
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software