Managing Tape Redirector with PowerShell

Tape drive and auto-loader redirector over iSCSI

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

Ebi

Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:20 pm

Dear StarWind-Team,

I am using vSAN 8.0 with Tape Redirector to provide access to a Dell TL2000 physical tape library through iSCSI. This is working fine when being setup through the management console (Add device (extended) wizard). However in order to automate deployment I now want to script the creation of the tape and autoloader devices as well as the iSCSI target using PowerShell. I was able to create a PowerShell connection to the server (as well as changing login/password, so the basic connection works).

However this is where I got stuck - I've screened the available samples and documentation but could not find any cmdlets or documentation that are referring to adding physical tape/autoloader devices. Also searching the forum didn't bring up anything.

Could you please provide some sample code showing how this is done (if at all possible) or at least point me in the right direction?

Thanks and best wishes,
Ebi
yaroslav (staff)
Staff

Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:23 am

Greetings Ebi,

Welcome to StarWind Forum. I will request the script. Please note that we do not develop scripts on demand unless that is a feature request, but, I can look for any documentation. Will keep you posted.
Ebi

Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:36 am

Dear Yaroslav,

Thank you very much for your efforts. Looking forward to what you can find out.

Best wishes,
Ebi
yaroslav (staff)
Staff

Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:24 am

Greetings Ebi,

I have requested documentation and StarWindX scripts as there is currently no way to automate these tasks.
Stay tuned.