Starwind VTL Free and Cloud Sync

StarWind VTL, VTL Free, VTL Appliance

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

bcsjgolden

Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:25 pm

Hey everyone,

Trying to figure out what may be going on with my VTL setup and syncing to Azure. I followed the documentation, everything seems to be working except that it doesn't seem to copy up to Azure. I don't see any errors, I did not get any in setting up the Cloud. We have Veeam on one server and the VTL on the other. The backup copy job writes to the VTL server and I see the tape increase in size. But I never see any copy to Azure.

Is this a limitation in the free version? I could not find anything that said that feature was disabled in the free version.

Is there something I can check? I turned on debugging logging, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything more.

Thanks!
Oleg(staff)
Staff

Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:40 am

The backup copy job writes to the VTL server and I see the tape increase in size. But I never see any copy to Azure.
How did you configure upload to Azure job in StarWind?
bcsjgolden

Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:44 pm

I clicked the Cloud Replication... link in the VTL settings and put in the name, key, etc... it gives no errors. I have removed and repeated the steps multiple times now. It sees the existing files there, but does not sync.
Oleg(staff)
Staff

Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:49 am

Could you please send more details, screenshots, StarWind VTL log, etc?