Mount status is still no. I couldn't able to see the Tapes in my Device manager

StarWind VTL, VTL Free, VTL Appliance

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

Murali Manohar

Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:27 am

I installed you product . Created some tape libraries and created some tapes in it. After that i couldn't able to see any tapes in my device manager. I searched in your forum and found a imilar case like ths where you gave a solution to install hp drivers and i installed that too. Still i couldn't able to see any tapes in my deivce manager. Kindly help me to resolve it. I am evaluating the product. If it suits all my needs i wish to buy it. Quick response is appreciated. Thank you
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:47 am

VTL doesn't create anything locally, we create an iSCSI device so you need to have an iSCSI initiator connecting to our service (on any place on Earth where IP network is present) and after than you'll install drivers for tapes where initiator is running.

Is it what you do?
Murali Manohar wrote:I installed you product . Created some tape libraries and created some tapes in it. After that i couldn't able to see any tapes in my device manager. I searched in your forum and found a imilar case like ths where you gave a solution to install hp drivers and i installed that too. Still i couldn't able to see any tapes in my deivce manager. Kindly help me to resolve it. I am evaluating the product. If it suits all my needs i wish to buy it. Quick response is appreciated. Thank you
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software