Virtual Tape Driver for StarWind

StarWind VTL, VTL Free, VTL Appliance

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

Nitroburn

Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:28 am

Hello -

We can I find a tape driver for the drive type which is emulated by StarWind? I mounted the virtual tape drive under Vista, W2K3 R2, Windows "LONGHORN" Beta 3 and Symantec BackupEXEC 11d running on W2K3 R2 does not recognize it. I even searched the internet, but no luck.

Thanks,

Mike
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:40 am

Where did you get the VTL-enabled version of the StarWind? We did not have any public beta yet.
Nitroburn wrote:Hello -

We can I find a tape driver for the drive type which is emulated by StarWind? I mounted the virtual tape drive under Vista, W2K3 R2, Windows "LONGHORN" Beta 3 and Symantec BackupEXEC 11d running on W2K3 R2 does not recognize it. I even searched the internet, but no luck.

Thanks,

Mike
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

Nitroburn

Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:49 pm

anton (staff) wrote:Where did you get the VTL-enabled version of the StarWind? We did not have any public beta yet.
Right from your website. I completed the form to download a trial (which I must say is a very nice piece of software in which my company will be purchasing a few copies within the next few weeks), I received the automated email with the download link and downloaded it.

Mike
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:24 pm

OK, you was lucky to get "testers only" version :) Please drop us a message to the info@rocketdivision.com and we'll issue you with the updated VTL enabled version of the StarWind and virtual tape driver. Thank you!
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

vkeven

Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:57 pm

Where can I download this tester version?I badly need to test this VTL for months now!Thanks 8)
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:34 pm

No public downloads yet. Please drop us a message to the info@rocketdivision.com with some of the details who you are and we'd consider giving you some stuff to test :)
vkeven wrote:Where can I download this tester version?I badly need to test this VTL for months now!Thanks 8)
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev