Problems installing Starwind VSA

Public beta (bugs, reports, suggestions, features and requests)

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

hste

Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:55 am

I have created a esx5.5 update1 server and enabled ssh.
When I try to use the VSA builder using the download options of isos it stops on the part where it tries to install OS, where it start installing windowsclient from my pxeinstaller in the network.
I have tried to download a windows2012R2 server iso, but it stops at the place where I chose what server I want to install (core, standard...)

Btw. The help meny screenshots isn't 100% indentical to the one I get :

hste
Attachments
Wizard Configure storages
Wizard Configure storages
conf.png (26.29 KiB) Viewed 4479 times
Bohdan (staff)
Staff

Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:57 pm

Right now it is fully automated for Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 iso images, which the wizard downloads.
If you use other Windows image, it is necessary to choose the Windows edition and enter the license manually during the installation.
In the next build we'll add the warning messages for such cases.
hste

Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:12 pm

I tried using the image that was in the wizard and that failed with same result

http://care.dlservice.microsoft.com/dl/ ... US_DV5.ISO
hste

Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:34 pm

I found out that it wouldn't download the image from that url. I downloaded it manually and pointed to the iso and now it installed, but I had to go into the console of the vm and accept installing the starwind software.
Another problem I had was that when I try to edit settings in the vsphere web gui of the vm to point to another disk and adjust cpu/mem it fails. As it is installed with hw version 10 I have to use the web gui to change settings.

hste
Bohdan (staff)
Staff

Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:47 am

hste wrote:I found out that it wouldn't download the image from that url. I downloaded it manually and pointed to the iso and now it installed, but I had to go into the console of the vm and accept installing the starwind software.
Another problem I had was that when I try to edit settings in the vsphere web gui of the vm to point to another disk and adjust cpu/mem it fails. As it is installed with hw version 10 I have to use the web gui to change settings.

hste
Thanks! We are working on the fixes.
I'll post the download link to the new build here ASAP.