Installation feedback

Public beta (bugs, reports, suggestions, features and requests)

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

robnicholson

Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:07 pm

I know that English isn't your native language so I feel rather trite in pointing out errors but you've put so much effort into the new user interface, it would be a shame to spoilt it with simple errors. So I apologise in advance for the anal level of some of these :)

I've just gone through Beta 3 installation and this is some feedback:

Extra full-stop between "v" and "8" - should read v8.0.6383:
Feedback001.png
Feedback001.png (25.28 KiB) Viewed 2872 times
I fully admit I didn't read any documentation before installing so it would be really useful if there was a pop-up from this window (suggest link to website) to high-level explain what these various components are for. I've used StarWind for several years now so I know what some of them are but I haven't a clue what "Loopback accelerator driver" is and why I should install it:
Feedback002.png
Feedback002.png (19.5 KiB) Viewed 2872 times
The English on this needs re-working. More than happy to help:
Feedback003.png
Feedback003.png (17.1 KiB) Viewed 2872 times
[Can only do three attachments for will carry on in next message)

Cheers, Rob.
robnicholson

Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:11 pm

Always wary when device drivers get installed so that help mentioned before should warn you that this device driver will get installed and what it's for:
Feedback004.png
Feedback004.png (17.38 KiB) Viewed 2868 times
Ditto - need to know what the SMS-S agent is and why/how I would configure it now. Suggest adding "You can configure it later" to the message so that it's clear it's not the end of the world if you don't configure it now:
Feedback005.png
Feedback005.png (7.51 KiB) Viewed 2868 times
First time users will be confused by this dialog as if you allow it to "Launch StarWind management console", then you'll be perplexed why it doesn't open anything obvious. You need to indicate that the console opens to the system tray bottom right:
Feedback007.png
Feedback007.png (41.23 KiB) Viewed 2868 times
Cheers, Rob.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:40 pm

Thank you for your feedback! Quite a lot (text) has been fixed already for RC, other highlighted by you issues are on the way :)
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software