Scale out Cluster

Public beta (bugs, reports, suggestions, features and requests)

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

vushvush

Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:23 am

So I am most interested in the new Scale out clustering feature of V8 (haven't used any version of SW before).

Is there any info about it to see if it will fit my needs? How exactly does the clustering and distribution of data work?
Bohdan (staff)
Staff

Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:02 pm

vushvush wrote:So I am most interested in the new Scale out clustering feature of V8 (haven't used any version of SW before).
Is there any info about it to see if it will fit my needs? How exactly does the clustering and distribution of data work?
We are preparing the whitepaper and step-by-step manual. They are on the proofreading stage. I'll post the links here, when the documents are ready.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:14 pm

Making long story short: we're very similar to VMware VSAN architecture here replicating LUNs between partner hosts (no wide striping like Dell / Equallogic or HL / Lefthand Networks do).
There are huge differences in how we handle collisions, keep synchronized caches (we also use RAM and flash and VMware VSAN uses only flash for uncommited writes) and lock databases.

There's a document for internal use so if you're interested you can PM me with your e-mail and I'll send you one.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software