Some GUI "Issues"

Public beta (bugs, reports, suggestions, features and requests)

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

Delo123

Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:33 am

Some things i noticed in the starwind Beta:
- Not possible to create multiple luns: Like creating 10 Luns, with same settings (capacity, dedupe, cache).
- No Back button: I wanted to check if i entered cache size correctly when i was in L2 Cache settings, but they only option is to cancel and start over.
- No way to see capacity/settings of luns unless clicking on all of them: So no overiew. In the overview you can only see lun number,name, type and state.
I would like to see HA Status, Disk Srouce, Size, Capacity, Used Capacity, Used Capacity after Dedupe.
- Performance Counters: No Latency counters, no option to see target and / or initiator numbers. (so one could see benefits of caching).

Ps. Does Starwind use global cache between luns?

Thx
Bohdan (staff)
Staff

Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:20 am

- Not possible to create multiple luns: Like creating 10 Luns, with same settings (capacity, dedupe, cache).
We'll think about how to implement it withing the current StarWind concept.
- No Back button: I wanted to check if i entered cache size correctly when i was in L2 Cache settings, but they only option is to cancel and start over.
back.png
back.png (11.66 KiB) Viewed 4686 times
- No way to see capacity/settings of luns unless clicking on all of them: So no overiew. In the overview you can only see lun number,name, type and state.
I would like to see HA Status, Disk Srouce, Size, Capacity, Used Capacity, Used Capacity after Dedupe.
We are working on it now. It will be implemented for "Clusters" section first.
- Performance Counters: No Latency counters, no option to see target and / or initiator numbers. (so one could see benefits of caching).
It will be added. Not in this release, but I believe it is possible to add in the next one.
Does Starwind use global cache between luns?
No
Delo123

Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:39 am

1. Oh my... sorry i totally missed THAT Back button :)
2. Yes, makes sense to do it for HA Cluster, would be our Use Case as Production should always be HA :)
3. No global Cache... That's actually a Bummer. DataCore has global Cache (at least they say), or do you have a different view on this?
As we are looking for options to replace DataCore with Starwind for all VSphere and Backup Nodes.
Bohdan (staff)
Staff

Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:03 pm

. No global Cache... That's actually a Bummer. DataCore has global Cache (at least they say), or do you have a different view on this?
No, we have exactly the same view as the your one :)
Just need some time to implement it in the code.
fbifido

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:31 pm

Bohdan (staff) wrote:
back.png
back.png (11.66 KiB) Viewed 4660 times
I did not see that one, LOL, I have cancel a few times now.
how the hell did I miss that.

Thanks.
Delo123

Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:56 pm

Me too :)

I think we simply expect it to be next to next and cancel, maybe that would be a bit more intuitive...
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:48 pm

These are standard Windows dialogs... We're not very happy with a 2012 look so trying to find a combination of a usability and fresh look of our Management Console.
Delo123 wrote:Me too :)

I think we simply expect it to be next to next and cancel, maybe that would be a bit more intuitive...
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software