Configuring SMI-S Agent for SCVMM 2012

Public beta (bugs, reports, suggestions, features and requests)

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

gothicreader

Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:39 pm

Hello,

I've installed the "free" version of Starwind for Hyper-V and installed the SMI-S Agent that supports SCVMM 2012 SP1, (StarWind_SMIS_1_00_3_beta).
I'm currently using this product to get me through my training for my certification with Microsoft Certified Solution Expert.
My environment consist of a domain controller, 3 hyperV hosts, SCVMM, and SAN server.
The SAN server is where I have the Starwin product installed, along with the agent.
My SAN server has 3 disks attached that will shared among my HyperV hosts.
I've created the SAN Devices in Starwind management console.
3 DeDuplicated Disks and 3 targets: tier1 (70GB) E: drive, tier2 (70GB) F: drive, and quorum (1GB) G: drive.
All HyperV hosts are connected via iSCSI to my targets.
If I view the StarWindSMISConfigurator file, I noticed the configuration is for Flat Image file and HA (see attached files), and only 2 concrete pools
Adding Starwind as one of my provider, it only shows 2 Pools (as denoted from the StarWindSMISConfigurator file), that don't correlate with my Device and targets, that I created.
I read through the instructions (Using SMI-S for Management Automation of StarWind iSCSI SAN V8 beta in System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 R2, September 2013) to configure the StarWindSMISConfigurator, but this doesn't seem to work. I should be able to see 3 concrete pools for each of my targets.

Is the FREE version limited, thus the reason why it isn't working as it should?
Attachments
smis2.JPG
smis2.JPG (105.09 KiB) Viewed 4035 times
smis1.JPG
smis1.JPG (56.38 KiB) Viewed 4034 times
smis.JPG
smis.JPG (102.23 KiB) Viewed 4033 times
gothicreader

Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:04 pm

:mrgreen:
Solved. I guess what I was seeing is correct, since in SCVMM creating a cluster did show all the drives as it should. DUH!!!
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:48 pm

We love self-supporting customers :)
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software