Copy from one LSFS to another LSFS ???

Public beta (bugs, reports, suggestions, features and requests)

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

fbifido

Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:58 pm

Hi,

We need a recover options for lsfs.

I just reinstall v8b2.
I add the FilesDisk LUN (1.6TB) that i recently created, it mounted is less that a second.
I add my other 2 lun(200GB & 1.5TB), but it looks like it's going to need a few days to mount.

Can i copy the contents of a lsfs file to another lsfs file?
because it i re-create the LUN's thats taking a long time to load and just copy/move the content to the new LUN maybe .........no no no no

we need an offline/online lsfs file repairer software.
Why it stuck at 1% ?
Does lsfs need to know the underline FileSystem, as in the filesystem inside the lsfs container eg: VHDX VMDK NTFS ReFS FAT32 eFAT FAT ext?

Whould be nice to have a software that can mount a lsfs device and also mount the file system inside of it :)
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:14 pm

OK, clear. Do you want us to add this as a menu item as a "Clone" or as an extra feature of our say V2V converter?
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

fbifido

Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:56 pm

I would say Menu item!
but, can LSFS see the file-system in it's container or to put it another way, which in most case the answer is "NO".
Does starwind lsfs iSCSI container knows what type of file system is been use to format its' container?
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:07 pm

OK, we'll see!

We're sitting below block level and actual file system (LSFS) so we don't know what's on top. Could be NTFS, ReFS, ZFS, BtrFS etc.
fbifido wrote:I would say Menu item!
but, can LSFS see the file-system in it's container or to put it another way, which in most case the answer is "NO".
Does starwind lsfs iSCSI container knows what type of file system is been use to format its' container?
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software