StarWind iSCSI SAN
StarWind Native SAN for Hyper-V
 

StarWind iSCSI SAN Version 8.0 Beta-2

Public beta (bugs, reports, suggestions, features and requests)

Moderators: art (staff), anton (staff), Anatoly (staff), Max (staff)

Re: StarWind iSCSI SAN Version 8.0 Beta-2

Postby Ironwolf » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:06 pm

quick update,

installed 6180 on my 2008R2 test system, 6180 resolved a memory leak problem I experienced with SSD cache, on the previous version when creating img file with SSD cache, on reboot it would use the cache size as the memory cache size thus using all available memory.

it looks to be resolved in 6180 :)
User avatar
Ironwolf
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: StarWind iSCSI SAN Version 8.0 Beta-2

Postby anton (staff) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:21 pm

Good news! :) Next week we'll hope to publish a Release Candidate and your feedback really helped :)

Ironwolf wrote:quick update,

installed 6180 on my 2008R2 test system, 6180 resolved a memory leak problem I experienced with SSD cache, on the previous version when creating img file with SSD cache, on reboot it would use the cache size as the memory cache size thus using all available memory.

it looks to be resolved in 6180 :)
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

Image
User avatar
anton (staff)
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3920
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:03 am
Location: British Virgin Islands

Re: StarWind iSCSI SAN Version 8.0 Beta-2

Postby turkina » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:43 pm

Has a new temp license key been uploaded? Mine says it will expire in 7 days.
turkina
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:06 am

Re: StarWind iSCSI SAN Version 8.0 Beta-2

Postby Bohdan (staff) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:46 pm

turkina wrote:Has a new temp license key been uploaded? Mine says it will expire in 7 days.

yes
http://www.starwindsoftware.com/tmplink ... tatest.swk
User avatar
Bohdan (staff)
Staff
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 12:58 pm

Re: StarWind iSCSI SAN Version 8.0 Beta-2

Postby turkina » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:21 pm

Bohdan (staff) wrote:
turkina wrote:Has a new temp license key been uploaded? Mine says it will expire in 7 days.

yes
http://www.starwindsoftware.com/tmplink ... tatest.swk


Thank you!
turkina
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:06 am

Re: StarWind iSCSI SAN Version 8.0 Beta-2

Postby mahuan1688 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:18 am

anton (staff) wrote:Good news! :) Next week we'll hope to publish a Release Candidate and your feedback really helped :)

Ironwolf wrote:quick update,

installed 6180 on my 2008R2 test system, 6180 resolved a memory leak problem I experienced with SSD cache, on the previous version when creating img file with SSD cache, on reboot it would use the cache size as the memory cache size thus using all available memory.

it looks to be resolved in 6180 :)




V8 official version of what time, has been very much looking forward to test! Soon the new year's day!
mahuan1688
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:27 am

Re: StarWind iSCSI SAN Version 8.0 Beta-2

Postby anton (staff) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:53 pm

Soon.

mahuan1688 wrote:
anton (staff) wrote:Good news! :) Next week we'll hope to publish a Release Candidate and your feedback really helped :)

Ironwolf wrote:quick update,

installed 6180 on my 2008R2 test system, 6180 resolved a memory leak problem I experienced with SSD cache, on the previous version when creating img file with SSD cache, on reboot it would use the cache size as the memory cache size thus using all available memory.

it looks to be resolved in 6180 :)




V8 official version of what time, has been very much looking forward to test! Soon the new year's day!
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

Image
User avatar
anton (staff)
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3920
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:03 am
Location: British Virgin Islands

StarWind iSCSI SAN Version 8.0 Beta-3

Postby Bohdan (staff) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:59 pm

Hi guys,

The beta build has been updated:
http://starwindsoftware.com/tmplink/StarWindBeta.exe

Notes:

- Some fixes for VAAI commands processing.

Asynchronous replication:
- Replication on slow channel;
- Fixes mounting of snapshot;
- Fixes for replication algorithm.

Synchronous replication for LSFS device:
- Fixes for snapshot management functionality: creation and deletion of snapshots now works correctly.
- Fix for issue when state of HA node changes to “unsynchronized ” without any reason.

LSFS device:
- Correct processing of device size parameters and using of available storage of underlying disk.
Previous versions had issue which could lead to disk write errors when certain amount of data has been written on the device and device files grew.

VSS providers:
- Hardware VSS provider is now available for LSFS devices and for LSFS devices with synchronous replication.
- Software VSS provider is now available for LSFS devices.
User avatar
Bohdan (staff)
Staff
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 12:58 pm

Re: StarWind iSCSI SAN Version 8.0 Beta-2

Postby mardes » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:58 pm

And what about L2 cache?
Now, on beta3, there is no more L2 cache option... ?
mardes
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:30 pm

Re: StarWind iSCSI SAN Version 8.0 Beta-2

Postby mardes » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:04 pm

beta3:
still fail re-mounting LSFS device.

because still missing this (into .swdsk if you choice to recreate):
<node id="1" name="lsfs" shut="false" active="true">
<storages>
<storage_ref id="1"/>
</storages>
<parameters>
<DeduplicationEnabled>no</DeduplicationEnabled>
<SnapshotsDisabled>no</SnapshotsDisabled>
<BlockSize>0</BlockSize>
<Compressed>no</Compressed>
<HashType>2</HashType>
<mode>1</mode>
<DataCacheSize>0</DataCacheSize>
<EsxCompatibleMode>no</EsxCompatibleMode>
<AutoDefrag>yes</AutoDefrag>
<VerifyData>no</VerifyData>
<SupportDeletion>yes</SupportDeletion>
<CacheMetadata>no</CacheMetadata>
<SnapshotFlushPeriod>10000</SnapshotFlushPeriod>
<SnapshotOffset>0</SnapshotOffset>
<SnapshotTimestamp>0</SnapshotTimestamp>
<SnapshotID>0</SnapshotID>
<IsDeviceStorage>0</IsDeviceStorage>
</parameters>
</node>

....so we still have to add it manually
mardes
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:30 pm

Re: StarWind iSCSI SAN Version 8.0 Beta-2

Postby Ironwolf » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:57 pm

Beta Lic has expired. I have tried to download a new LIC but it is re-issuing the same LIC.
User avatar
Ironwolf
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: StarWind iSCSI SAN Version 8.0 Beta-2

Postby kspare » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:34 pm

Where is the L2 option? We just put a pcie ssd card in our server to test out a beta.... can't test it anymore?
User avatar
kspare
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:23 pm

Re: StarWind iSCSI SAN Version 8.0 Beta-2

Postby anton (staff) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:27 pm

Gentlemen, sorry we've found a data corruption issue with L2 Cache so had to disable it in this build... Please give us a couple of days so we'd fix this! Thank you!
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

Image
User avatar
anton (staff)
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3920
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:03 am
Location: British Virgin Islands

Re: StarWind iSCSI SAN Version 8.0 Beta-3

Postby fbifido » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:30 am

Bohdan (staff) wrote:Hi guys,

The beta build has been updated:
http://starwindsoftware.com/tmplink/StarWindBeta.exe

Notes:

- Some fixes for VAAI commands processing.

Asynchronous replication:
- Replication on slow channel;
- Fixes mounting of snapshot;
- Fixes for replication algorithm.

Synchronous replication for LSFS device:
- Fixes for snapshot management functionality: creation and deletion of snapshots now works correctly.
- Fix for issue when state of HA node changes to “unsynchronized ” without any reason.

LSFS device:
- Correct processing of device size parameters and using of available storage of underlying disk.
Previous versions had issue which could lead to disk write errors when certain amount of data has been written on the device and device files grew.

VSS providers:
- Hardware VSS provider is now available for LSFS devices and for LSFS devices with synchronous replication.
- Software VSS provider is now available for LSFS devices.


Thanks

Maybe start a new Topic/Post for Beta-3
User avatar
fbifido
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:33 am

Re: StarWind iSCSI SAN Version 8.0 Beta-2

Postby kspare » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:05 pm

I can't create a thin provisioned virtual disk. I have it set to 21tb and it comes with with an error: Specified storage is too big. the max allowed size of storage is 0mb.

If I go 10tb I get: Specified storage can not be mounted. there is not enough free memory for cachine device meta data. the max allowed is 0

If I go 5tb I get the same error as above.

I get the same error for 1tb as the first error.

Thick works fine.
User avatar
kspare
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:23 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Beta

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest