iSCSI v8 Beta2 feedback

Public beta (bugs, reports, suggestions, features and requests)

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

fbifido

Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:07 am

http://www.starwindsoftware.com/starwind-v8-beta

Can you put up a change log or a detail change log from v8beta1 to v8beta2, the info above don't really say mush.
In beta1 there was 2 dedup plugin, one was v5.8 and the other v8.0, does that mean you still using dedup techniques from v5.8?
anyway just to let you know the 4k and auto 4k works fine now with thin prov.

I don't know the proper way to upgrade to beta2, so I shutdown all my VM's + vcenter, and only my esxi server was running, then on my storage server just run the install, accepted the default, it completed then go an error message about SMI something ......, click ok and then when back to my esxi server BAM all the storage disappeared, I restarted my esxi server, did not find the the storage, ny the iSCSI card showed 1 target and 3 device and 3 path, so I restarted the storage server, now I could not login to the starwind management on 127.0.0.1:3261m after trying a few thing, I gave up.

Now I am back, got the management to login, all my 3 disk are there, when back to esxi but still no storage, did a little Google, and found out that if the iSCSI card is seeing every thing that just mean the datastore loss some king of id for that lun, so just add back the storage, and still it to use or keep info from the lun., and then all my VMs came back.

I don't know how to test the dedup of starwind iSCSI sofeware, because no practical stats are available.

I had a few question re some pictures I took:

sw-iscsi_6.png
sw-iscsi_6.png (102.02 KiB) Viewed 4215 times
sw-iscsi_6a.png
sw-iscsi_6a.png (201.54 KiB) Viewed 4214 times
sw8b2_error1.png
sw8b2_error1.png (224.51 KiB) Viewed 4214 times

lohelle

Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:27 am

I also had to add storage and NOT signature after upgrade to beta2 (might bee npossible to remove VM's, rescan and then register VM's again.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:17 am

Thank you!

== closed ==
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software