5.5 Beta Windows 7 iSCSI initiator

Public beta (bugs, reports, suggestions, features and requests)

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

malexieff

Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:59 pm

I get a CRC error when trying to initialize a disk on the server running starwind 5.5.

The target is a 200GB image that was just created with starwind on a fresh install.

I can connect and see the target from the initiator side but as soon as I try to initialize the disk in Disk Management I get a "Data error (cyclic redundancy check)"

I have deleted and tried to create the image again but it does not work.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:30 pm

Where did you get 5.5 version of our StarWind Initiator? We did not release it to public yet. Or you're calling TARGET with INITIATOR name?
If that's the case and you actually have problems with the TARGET when please zip and send us StarWind TARGET logs on your unsuccessful attempt to initialize the disk.
We'll be able to tell what's wrong (slow connection, invalid parameter passed, broken data link etc). Thanks!
malexieff wrote:I get a CRC error when trying to initialize a disk on the server running starwind 5.5.

The target is a 200GB image that was just created with starwind on a fresh install.

I can connect and see the target from the initiator side but as soon as I try to initialize the disk in Disk Management I get a "Data error (cyclic redundancy check)"

I have deleted and tried to create the image again but it does not work.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

Bohdan (staff)
Staff

Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:08 pm

Everything is right. :)
StarWind iSCSI SAN V5.5 Build 20100831 is a public beta.

malexieff,
Please try to update the NIC drivers to the latest version. Also make sure that MTU of the NIC = MTU of the switch. Try also play with TCP Offload and flow control settings.
If the problem persists, please zip and send us your StarWind logs. Also please install wireshark, capture network traffic during the error reproducing and send us the log.

Thanks!