V2V Network setting migration

VM image converter (VMDK, VHD, VHDX, IMG, RAW, QCOW and QCOW2), P2V migrator

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

Ali

Wed May 03, 2023 10:24 am

I'm currently in the process of migrating a few VMs from Hyper-V Server 2012 to Hyper-V Server 2022. However, I've encountered an issue while trying to migrate the network adapter IP and settings over to the new server. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a way to migrate all the network settings seamlessly?
yaroslav (staff)
Staff

Wed May 03, 2023 1:29 pm

Hi,

This problem is likely to be related to the system, not the converter. Let us look into it anyway. Could you please let me know what exactly is the problem?
Network settings depend on the environment. The general recommendation will be to have the same IP range, firewall exclusion, VLAN settings, Hyper-V/vSwitches in the target system as in the destination.
Also, VM versions might need to be increased https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windo ... ows-server.
Ali

Sun May 07, 2023 1:47 am

Thanks for the reply. On my old Server 2012R2 Hyper-V, I have a few domain controllers and DNS servers. I want to move them to my new Server 2022 Hyper-V environment. When I use the converter, it will copy the VM to the new server, but it won't transfer the IP address and VLAN configuration. This causes a problem as I need to transfer all the network settings and keep them as it was on the old server
yaroslav (staff)
Staff

Mon May 08, 2023 12:09 pm

Thanks for your update. I guess this does not relate to the V2V Converter.
I guess the easiest will be just to spin up a new VM and set up the delegations. See this article for more inspiration https://petri.com/how-to-add-domain-con ... ng-domain/.

Let me know if you still have questions.