StarWind P2V Local File Option

VM image converter (VMDK, VHD, VHDX, IMG, RAW, QCOW and QCOW2), P2V migrator

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

inosix

Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:38 pm

I have used StarWind in the past to successfully create a VM from physical hardware. I remember being able to install StarWind on the machine to be converted and saving the resulting VM to local storage. For some reason, my "LOCAL FILE" option is not selectable after doing the following:

1. Open StarWind V2V COnverter
2. Select P2V
3. Select "Entire Machine"
4. Select Disk Volumes

Once at this point, you are offered destination. In the past I have selected LOCAL FILE. It is grayed out at the moment. Any guidance as to why LOCAL FILE is not selectable?
yaroslav (staff)
Staff

Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:13 pm

Can I have screenshot, please? Did you try converting via CLI?
mimiz

Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:42 am

inosix wrote:I have used StarWind in the past to successfully create a VM from physical hardware. I remember being able to install StarWind on the machine to be converted and saving the resulting VM to local storage. For some reason, my "LOCAL FILE" option is not selectable after doing the following:

1. Open StarWind V2V COnverter
2. Select P2V
3. Select "Entire Machine"
4. Select Disk Volumes

Once at this point, you are offered destination. In the past I have selected LOCAL FILE. It is grayed out at the moment. Any guidance as to why LOCAL FILE is not selectable?
I have the Same problem (i'm using trial Version); but it still available when i use migrane disk or file
yaroslav (staff)
Staff

Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:05 pm

V2V/P2V Converter is free solution (it has full functionality from the box). It is unclear what you mean by "TRIAL" here.