Percentage progress of image before format convert process

VM image converter (VMDK, VHD, VHDX, IMG, RAW, QCOW and QCOW2), P2V migrator

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

Vijay.M

Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:14 pm

Hi,

I need you help to get percentage or size progress of image..

I'm using starwind in cmd to take vhdx format of a physical drive in a VM.
i tried this command (V2V_ConverterConsole.exe convert in_file_name="\\?\PhysicalDrive0" out_file_name="d:\disk.vhdx" out_file_type=ft_vhdx_thick) to get the output in vhdx format .. everything works fine and i'm getting the output.
But in my project. i need to know the progress of size or percentage of image before the stage of converting ..
i can see the progress while converting to vhdx, but before that stage while starwind taking the image i cannot see the progress in cmd, but there is no issue while using in GUI, its good .. but i need this to get into cmd..

Is there any idea to do with the above command to get progress , or is there any other idea to make it.. like any script file to get progress..
please help me..

Thanks ..
yaroslav (staff)
Staff

Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:54 am

Hi Vijay,

I will request this feature. Thank you!
Vijay.M

Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:12 pm

Hello yaroslav.

When we execute the starwind conversion command in cmd we are getting the percentage, But when we try the same command in any automation method (BAT file , script file etc ) we are unable to get the percentage

Thanks for the update ,any ETA on above mentioned..
yaroslav (staff)
Staff

Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:12 am

Sorry, the request is not clear now.
Just to confirm we are on the same page: you are still getting the request when executing the individual command, but the percentile is not listed in BAT file.
Correct me if I am reading it wrong.