Conversion of VMWARE image to HyperV on Win 11

VM image converter (VMDK, VHD, VHDX, IMG, RAW, QCOW and QCOW2), P2V migrator

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

kevinlent

Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:46 am

Good morning

I'm wondering if anyone has successfully converted a VMware image to Hyper-V format on a Win 11 platform? I have a documented process that worked correctly on Win10, though I am now trying to replicate the same on Win11 and am unable to initiate the conversion. At the point where one is asked to Enter the Microsoft Hyper-V server connection properties, the default hostname is set to default, with user name and password empty and use Windows authentication is ticked. These properties are correct for WIn 10, however on Win 11 the error message 'Invalid namespace (0x8004100e) is displayed. Changing localhost to the machine-name or machine-name.domain-name, with and without username and password provided. Thus, the conversion is not possible. Having spoken to SW support they confirm that the GA build has not been tested on Win11. If anyone has any advice or successes in the same, then i would be keen to hear
yaroslav (staff)
Staff

Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:03 pm

Could you please try typing in the details manually?
Could you please reach out to us at support@starwind.com using 818201 as your reference?