VMWare Converter 6.2 failing on V2V

VM image converter (VMDK, VHD, VHDX, IMG, RAW, QCOW and QCOW2), P2V migrator

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

TrishaSeliya

Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:56 am

Hi all, I'm running into an issue converting VMs running Windows Server 2019. I do not have a vCenter server, so I am using the Standalone Converter. I get through all the dialog screens, but when I go to start the job, it fails before creating the task, stating A file I/O error occurred while accessing ".

I did some searching on this, and most everything I found refers to vCenter server and mentions DNS issues. I am setting up destination using IP address, but I have also verified that DNS works and I am able to ping back and forth between the source and destination hosts.

I am not running Windows Firewall, I have turned on Network File Sharing, and my Cisco firewall has ports open (and I have been able to clone successfully from other VMs in the same scenario), so I'm not sure where else to look.

I am trying to clone a production VM for my developers, so I can't just use any other VM, and I'd like to figure out what is causing this anyway.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions of what else I can look into?

Thanks in advance!
yaroslav (staff)
Staff

Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:49 am

Welcome to StarWind Forum!
Please, try using StarWind V2V Converter (you are using VMWare Converter now). Let me know if you have any issues with conversion.