Hyper-V to ESXi 6.0 VM conversions blue screen

VM image converter (VMDK, VHD, VHDX, IMG, RAW, QCOW and QCOW2), P2V migrator

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

jchester

Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:33 pm

We have a Hyper-V environment running a windows 2008 r2 VM. We just created a new environment using ESXi version 6.0. I'd like to begin to move the hyper-v VMs over to our new ESXi environment. Downloaded your V2V converter. Shutdown my existing vm on the Hyper-V server. Ran your converter with the VMWare ESX Server Image option and it converted successfully. Now I have my vmdk file. I copy that up into the new esx datastore and create a new vm and create without a hard drive and point it to the new vmdk file I just uploaded. VM creates successfully but when I boot the new vm on the ESXi box it blue screens with the 0x0000007B error code. Research points to scsi controller and it makes sense because the original vm was on different hardware. Was able to boot into safe mode but when I select the option it tries to start the bare minimum files but then blue screens. I've also tried to add an additional scsi controller and a new hard disk to see if it would install the correct drivers, still no luck, Thoughts?
Oles (staff)
Staff

Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:54 am

Hello!

Please try activating Windows repair mode while preforming a conversion.