Error converting from vhd to .vmdk (Esxi)

VM image converter (VMDK, VHD, VHDX, IMG, RAW, QCOW and QCOW2), P2V migrator

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

maz124s

Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:28 am

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could help with me with this problem, i recently started using your Convertor V2V program, i found a major issue with when converting vhd images to vmware esxi format, the conversion works fine and then i upload the new .vmdk file into a datastore, which is seemingly completes fine and is displayed as being there in the datastore

When I then go to add the .vmdk as a hard disk it is then not recognised and it is missing

I have tried this with multiple vhd files with the same result can you shed any light on why this is occurring?
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:44 pm

Can you send us a screenshot and provide with a link to sample failing image container?
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

wlawn

Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:27 pm

Did you ever find a solution to your issue? I have the same problem.

Thanks.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:40 pm

There were issues with sparse VMDK files. Are you using the most recent version of V2V Converter software?
wlawn wrote:Did you ever find a solution to your issue? I have the same problem.

Thanks.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

rolandocgs

Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:10 pm

Actually I just posted a new topic of this problem and I am sorry I didn't find this topic opened before but this is the same issue I had when I did a pre-allocated image it just didn't show but when I did the growable image it showed and allowed me to use it as a hard disk but then failed when I ran the virtual machine.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:16 pm

Use pre-allocated.
rolandocgs wrote:Actually I just posted a new topic of this problem and I am sorry I didn't find this topic opened before but this is the same issue I had when I did a pre-allocated image it just didn't show but when I did the growable image it showed and allowed me to use it as a hard disk but then failed when I ran the virtual machine.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev