Search found 7 matches

by FireMedic
Sun Jul 26, 2026 9:16 pm
Forum: StarWind Virtual SAN (VSAN) [+Free], HCI Appliance (HCA), Virtual HCI Appliance (VHCA) [+Free], StarWind x Proxmox VE SAN Integration Services
Topic: Recover IMG files HELP!!!!
Replies: 4
Views: 6224

Re: Recover IMG files HELP!!!!

I really appreciate you replying on a weekend! I'm just trying to reattach the existing img file to a new standalone target/device. Since I copied the img file before trying to rebuild the HA device, I kinda doubt all three copies got corrupted. I've tried letting it create new header files. Here's ...
by FireMedic
Sun Jul 26, 2026 8:11 pm
Forum: StarWind Virtual SAN (VSAN) [+Free], HCI Appliance (HCA), Virtual HCI Appliance (VHCA) [+Free], StarWind x Proxmox VE SAN Integration Services
Topic: Recover IMG files HELP!!!!
Replies: 4
Views: 6224

Re: Recover IMG files HELP!!!!

I did submit a ticket but not sure it includes weekend support.
Yes that volume was connected via iscsci and a CSV was mounted on top of it. Should I not be expecting a partition if a CSV was mounted to it?
by FireMedic
Sun Jul 26, 2026 6:28 pm
Forum: StarWind Virtual SAN (VSAN) [+Free], HCI Appliance (HCA), Virtual HCI Appliance (VHCA) [+Free], StarWind x Proxmox VE SAN Integration Services
Topic: Recover IMG files HELP!!!!
Replies: 4
Views: 6224

Recover IMG files HELP!!!!

I desperately need help recovering img files. I had a 2-node heartbeat HA on Hyper-V. (Last time I talked to SW support they recommended heartbeat over node majority + SMB witness). I've recently had problems with both nodes being offline for updates and the SW vsan staying offline/unsynchronized wh...
by FireMedic
Fri Apr 11, 2025 2:45 pm
Forum: StarWind Virtual SAN (VSAN) [+Free], HCI Appliance (HCA), Virtual HCI Appliance (VHCA) [+Free], StarWind x Proxmox VE SAN Integration Services
Topic: StarWind VSAN CreateHA_2.ps1 sample for CVM
Replies: 39
Views: 171664

Re: StarWind VSAN CreateHA_2.ps1 sample for CVM

I am creating a 2 node Hyper-V cluster with an SMB Witness using the CreateHASmbWitness.ps1 script. However it seems to have created both sides with the same target name/IQN. This seems to be causing problems with cross connecting iscsi between the two nodes. How do I change the iqn name? Do I edit ...
by FireMedic
Mon Mar 24, 2025 2:46 am
Forum: StarWind Virtual SAN (VSAN) [+Free], HCI Appliance (HCA), Virtual HCI Appliance (VHCA) [+Free], StarWind x Proxmox VE SAN Integration Services
Topic: Add SMB Witness to Existing 2-Node vSAN
Replies: 1
Views: 21298

Add SMB Witness to Existing 2-Node vSAN

I have a 2-node Hyper-V vSAN (paid so I have the GUI). I am upgrading servers so I'm migrating one of the nodes to new hardware. One of the vSAN devices looks like it doesn't have the SMB witness configured (shutting down one node causes the vSAN storage to stop and go unsynchronized on both). Check...
by FireMedic
Tue May 25, 2021 5:03 pm
Forum: StarWind Virtual SAN (VSAN) [+Free], HCI Appliance (HCA), Virtual HCI Appliance (VHCA) [+Free], StarWind x Proxmox VE SAN Integration Services
Topic: Starwind maintenance mode
Replies: 3
Views: 12307

Re: Starwind maintenance mode

To add a little more info (since I had to experiment for a while with this): -Stop the starwind service on the node you are taking out of Maintenance Mode BEFORE making any changes to the xxx_HA.swdsk file (apparently when the service stops, it refreshes the file with the running parameters and will...
by FireMedic
Tue May 25, 2021 4:11 pm
Forum: StarWind Virtual SAN (VSAN) [+Free], HCI Appliance (HCA), Virtual HCI Appliance (VHCA) [+Free], StarWind x Proxmox VE SAN Integration Services
Topic: Simultaneous/Multiple Sync
Replies: 1
Views: 5849

Simultaneous/Multiple Sync

I have a two node vSAN (commercial license) with two storage targets and when they re-sync, they go sequentially. From other forum threads, it seems they can be configured to sync simultaneously. Those threads talk about setting the parameter "syncSessionCount" to greater than 1 when creat...