Can I mount virtual drives directly on Windows 2012R2?

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

tdfreeman

Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:10 pm

I've had StarWind up and running for 6+ months with no issues. I had an iSCSI mount to an ESX5.5 server and ran all my VMs off those drives. For some reason it can't find, and can no longer connect to the StarWind disks. The only error in the logs is: "cbc Srv: bind() to 192.x.x.x:3260 failed: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted. (code: 10048)." The StarWind service is running and the port is established according to netstat. The only possible issue I can find is that the server network configuration within StarWind is pointing to the ip 127.0.0.1 instead of my network 192.x.x.x. Even though it's an option to add the 192.x.x.x, it doesn't work and never shows up. The management interface is using the correct hostname and 192.x.x.x address. After messing with this for a month, I'd like to just move to local disk on the ESX server. However, I can't find a way to mount the img or the swdsk files. Is there a way to pull my vmdk files out of the containers so I can get my environment up and running. This is a home lab with no support.
Max (staff)
Staff

Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:59 am

Hi!
Sounds like something else got access to port 3260.
Could you please check if there is any software on the machine using that port?
First suspect is Microsoft iSCSI Target
Other suspects look like software SANs :)

best way to start is running netstat -anob (don't forget to run it with Admin rights)
Hope this helps
Max Kolomyeytsev
StarWind Software