MSVCR110.dll missing when searching for Multipaths

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

qwertz

Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:46 am

Hi there,
i was just trying to search for Multipaths within Windows Server 2012 R2 with the latest Starwind V8 installed, a error came up that was telling me MSVCR110.dll is missing and mpiocpl.exe could not be started.
I solved it by installing the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012.
I don't know if the error is related to something with MS or Starwind V8, just like to report it.
Kind regards

P.s.:
Please let me know if you need additional data.
Anatoly (staff)
Staff

Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:35 am

Sounds weird. Are you sure that error said that the file is missing, nor reserved by some process?
And whats more important - were you attempting to install StarWind or MS component?
Best regards,
Anatoly Vilchinsky
Global Engineering and Support Manager
www.starwind.com
av@starwind.com
qwertz

Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:29 am

Maybe I'm doing something wrong here. I don't got any experience with MPIO.
Here is what i did: (btw. happened on 4 nodes: old testing lab, also in the rebuilt testing lab)
Clustered Storage was already configured and is waiting to be used by the initiators.
AFTER connecting the iscsi targets via the MS iscsi software (connection 1 to localhost, connection 2 to second node) i ran the MPIO utility.
Went to the "search for multipaths" tab, checked support for iscsi-devices and pressed the button "add".
Thats when the message appeared.
I'm very sure that it says MISSING, and it was fixed by installing the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012.
After this installation i did the same again, went to mpio, search for multipaths and clicked "add". No error, server asks for reboot, and after completing this there is the "MSFT2005iSCSIBusType_0x9" listed.
Also the two disks appear as one, as they should!
Kind regards
Anatoly (staff)
Staff

Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:19 am

Well, that doesn`t look like StarWind issue for me, I`d rather address it to MS. Perhaps, you run some app that requires Visual C++ Redistributable, which is weird since Starwind service does not require it. Which additional programs are installed on thes server?
Best regards,
Anatoly Vilchinsky
www.starwind.com
av@starwind.com
qwertz

Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:57 am

Hi there,
this question is pretty simple. There is nothing running apart from starwind.
I've installed drivers for the hardware, and maybe the drivers for the Brocade 1020 got something to do with it. (CNA magic stuff)
But there is nothing else running on those hosts.
Thanks for your time!
Kind regards
Anatoly (staff)
Staff

Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:52 pm

Thank you for keeping our community alive :)
Best regards,
Anatoly Vilchinsky
www.starwind.com
av@starwind.com